Senior Account Executive
About Merkle B2B
We are Merkle B2B, one of the biggest and most successful B2B agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. Since our establishment as a global end-to- end, best-in-class B2B agency, we are growing at a rapid and exciting pace. You will be joining a team of over 1,000 B2B specialists globally, acting as agency of record for some of the biggest and most exciting B2B brands in the world where we provide service across our many practice areas, including Media, Creative, Insights and more. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve recently won The Drum’s Best Large B2B agency award.
At MB2B, we are determined to be the best - and we know that only comes from having the best people on our teams. So, as we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast- growing network, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skillset through market-leading training schemes, including our proprietary Merkle University courses. You’ll be encouraged to be curious, to share new ideas and to be innovative and bold – we believe great ideas should come from everyone in the team. To that end we’re also actively engaged in ensuring DEI is at the heart of what we think, say and do. We work as part of the many pillars within our global and local DEI group - and strongly encourage all of our teams to be actively involved here too.
In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you’ll find the right work-life balance - mental wellness is incredibly important to us so we ensure everyone takes advantage of their generous holiday allowance as well as several additional Wellness Days each year
- additional days off which are enjoyed by everyone within the Dentsu group. We know right now that the ability to work remotely is as important as the ability to come together f2f as a team and agency, so we have enabled each team to build bespoke charters to identify the rhythm and cadence of when it will add value to be in the office collaborating round a table and when it’s useful to work from where suits you – all with the goal of driving success for our clients, our teams and our agency in the smartest ways possible. We’re really proud of our company values and culture, and we want you to feel fully part of that fantastic community, something we celebrate in our regular company and team socials.
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) role is vital for ensuring the smooth running of all campaign activity and client interaction (calls, meetings etc) on the account. They are responsible for supporting the Account Managers, Account Directors and wider team for all internal and external comms and processes. They are here to learn, so use their ambitious and open mind to learn from both those around them and the ample opportunities to take ownership of the campaign process – from ensuring the right creative is delivered to match the right media plans, to managing status and action logs to ensure no deliverables are missed and all deadlines are hit. We know great thinking comes from everywhere in the team, so SAEs will be strongly encouraged to fully immerse themselves in the industry, meeting with media partners, networking with other teams around the agency, and liaising with their peers on other accounts to learn what great looks like and spot interesting opportunities to solve challenges on your account patch.
The SAE will work at pace across a number of simultaneous projects either within one account or more likely across multiple accounts. They will develop their experience of account management as well as continue to understand the planning process across both the brand and demand gen sides of the business. Further, they will work closely with other channel teams, strategists and external agencies to ensure the smooth delivery, activation, reporting, and optimisation of campaigns for clients.
Life as a Senior Account Executive
· Support process across the account, from status meetings to RTBs, planning and reporting
· Capturing of actions from calls and meetings to ensure clarity on owners and deadlines
· Building relationships with clients and media partners to aid in understanding the clients’ requirements and the capabilities of various partners to help solve problems
· Maintain account files and documentation
· Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
· Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
· Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
· Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
· Support the AMs and ADs in all forms of finance booking and reconciliation as required, including updating PO trackers etc
· Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
· Maintain client media buy details
· Manage due dates of reporting
· Work with media team colleagues to traffic, track and report on campaign pacing, performance and optimisations as needed
· Supporting the account leads and/or the wider agency leadership team with projects as required, including new business pitching, presentations, MB2B product development and award entries
· Immerses self and team in clients’ business: understanding their challenges, objectives, external economic environment, markets they operate in, competitive threats and relevant partner agencies; knows client’s products inside out and applies this knowledge to deliver innovative, ambitious client plans and service
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks, and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including 3 wellness days, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients, and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity, or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· Curious, engaged, passionate and eager to learn about your clients, MB2B and the media industry
· Ability to multi-task across multiple workstreams and/or accounts as required
· Ability to support campaign delivery from start to end
· Manage multiple stakeholders - from internal teams, to external agencies and of course clients
· Extremely well organised, ensures that deadlines are met, calls and meetings are on time, meeting notes are captured and circulated etc
· Takes on challenging projects/problems and works with the team to find solutions
· Isn’t afraid to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects in the best possible manner
· Spots potential opportunities for new partners or tactics to take to AMs or the wider team for potential future testing on plans
· Sees patterns in data, understands what it means and can translate it into optimisation recommendations to improve performance
· Knows who their broader stakeholder group are and ensures they are kept informed
· Creates helpful client and media partner proposals on a range of topics, not just their own brand
/ area / expertise
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.