About Merkle B2B
We are Merkle B2B, one of the biggest and most successful B2B agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. Since our establishment as a global end-to- end, best-in-class B2B agency, we are growing at a rapid and exciting pace. You will be joining a team of over 1,000 B2B specialists globally, acting as agency of record for some of the biggest and most exciting B2B brands in the world where we provide service across our many practice areas, including Media, Creative, Insights and more. But don’t just take our word for it – we’ve recently won The Drum’s Best Large B2B agency award.
At MB2B, we are determined to be the best - and we know that only comes from having the best people on our teams. So, as we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast- growing network, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skillset through market-leading training schemes, including our proprietary Merkle University courses. You’ll be encouraged to be curious, to share new ideas and to be innovative and bold – we believe great ideas should come from everyone in the team. To that end we’re also actively engaged in ensuring DEI is at the heart of what we think, say and do. We work as part of the many pillars within our global and local DEI group - and strongly encourage all of our teams to be actively involved here too.
In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you’ll find the right work-life balance - mental wellness is incredibly important to us so we ensure everyone takes advantage of their generous holiday allowance as well as several additional Wellness Days each year - additional days off which are enjoyed by everyone within the Dentsu group. We know right now that the ability to work remotely is as important as the ability to come together f2f as a team and agency, so we have enabled each team to build bespoke charters to identify the rhythm and cadence of when it will add value to be in the office collaborating round a table and when it’s useful to work from where suits you – all with the goal of driving success for our clients, our teams and our agency in the smartest ways possible. We’re really proud of our company values and culture, and we want you to feel fully part of that fantastic community, something we celebrate in our regular company and team socials.
The Client Director is the lead across key MB2B clients, setting the strategic tone and demonstrating brilliance in client & team leadership, media execution, strategic insights and operational efficiency knowledge. Operating within the Executive Team this role will be responsible for developing and implementing new media products and services for clients and working with a variety of other disciplines including performance, data, analytics, creative and research. Supporting the agency senior leadership, they will take responsibility for the P&L across their account teams via accurate forecasting and fiscal management. Acting as a thought leader within the industry, they will help to position MB2B and the wider Dentsu group as a world-class data-driven marketing and media agency
LIFE AS A GLOBAL CLIENT DIRECTOR AT MERKLE B2B
· Building and maintaining strategic relationships with both key clients and vendors at the C-suite level
· Educating and developing your selected client’s approach to media, marketing and sales and how MB2B are in best position to contribute to their overall objectives
· Working with selected clients on developing strategic planning
· Efficiently translating client business challenges and marketing goals to media specific deliverables
· Resolving client issues and handling challenging client conversations where appropriate
· Identifying opportunities to solve client challenges through introductions to wider MB2B and Dentsu group services
· Leadership role across multiple client account teams with responsibility for management of the revenue generated by those clients
· Identifying new growth opportunities within client sets
· Championing MB2B and the wider Dentsu group both internally and externally
· Fostering strong account direction within the wider team, implementing clear account management, process and quality of implementation
· Constantly striving for media excellence; whether it’s output in planning expertise or operational excellence
· Supporting and working together with the Account Managers and Directors to deliver best in class media planning, reporting, analytics and support functions
· Weaving the planning processes into the wider media landscape, competitor set and client product-specific requirements
· Increasing team knowledge and understanding on all media channels, especially in digital
· Mentor, develop and support Account Directors with managing account health
· With support from the leadership team, responsible for the growth of their client accounts within MB2B
· Responsible for leading and delivering wider projects as required, including but not limited to MB2B product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing MB2B at external events
A FEW OF THE BENEFITS
We are growing at a rapid and exciting pace, as one of the biggest and most successful B2B specialist agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension
· Private Medical
· Flexible working policy
· Thriving DE&I & mental health initiatives
· + other corporate benefits
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
· Recognised as a thought leader/go-to person
· Takes on challenging projects/problems and creates plans that get things moving
· Makes decisions when others hesitate or ask for more time/information
· Holds others accountable to meeting high standards, does not let deadlines slip
· Stays calm & helps the team navigate significant change/frustration
· Exceptional strategic leadership skills & management experience, demonstrated through staff development and implementation of exemplary processes
· Leadership of department/agency initiatives, and product recommendations
· Focused client leader, ability to interact with senior clients, demonstrated ownership of client relationships and delivery
· Excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once, growing client business and building trust based, collaborative relationships with clients of senior levels
· Pro-active attitude who isn’t afraid to get stuck in
· Excellent knowledge of media planning and the supporting operations and ability to pick up tasks as needed
· Staying on top of business and client concerns to head off issues
· Strong commercial acumen
· Lead client scoping, staffing and profitability across multiple account teams
· Excellent track record of driving client growth, and diversification into multiple products and services
THE KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· Great all-round client service experience
· Experience of leading at least a medium-sized client/team
· Strong media planning experience & ideally good sector/B2B experience
· Commercial acumen
· Strong relationships with media owners and the partner community
· Excellent overall knowledge of MB2B (and Dentsu) products and services
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.