Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Account Manager is an experienced project and relationship manager. Like other account team members, this Account Manager provides excellent client service and client management, with more of a specialized focus on flawless delivery of the client’s digital marketing campaigns, ensuring deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly proficient professional to cultivate business relationships, while creating and streamlining procedures and processes of projects aligned to a single program. Other account team members will own individual projects, while the Account Manager in this role will own the program. The person in this role is a client advocate, with relentless proactive quality management and swift reaction to issues and risks.
· Provide strategic and experience-based recommendations to improve success on client initiatives.
· Independently lead clients, disparate project teams, and vendors towards continuous improvement and common program goals and objectives.
· Define, implement, and manage the communication and governance model necessary for the program, inclusive of specific reports and metrics that will be tracked to monitor and report delivery health and program performance.
· Identify, mitigate, and communicate risks and incidents that arise within projects or from larger systemic defects.
· Manage program level communication across all stakeholders including client, internal teams, and 3rd parties.
· Understand and manage the interdependencies including resources, timelines, and deliverables of distinct projects with the aid of other Account Managers.
· Assist in the review (and development where necessary) of project plans, estimates, and staffing plans, and for distinct projects within the overall program.
· Manage, produce, and communicate regular program-level documentation as needed which could include artifacts such as status reports inclusive of risks and issues, overall program timeline, budget status.
· Facilitate problem solving discussions across different project teams and 3rd parties.
· Analyze complex technical problems and lead the appropriate technical team towards solutions.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 5 + years of account management experience with focus on project management and cross functional team alignment
· Strong written and oral communication, time management, and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to do this with internal and external stakeholders
· Strong interpersonal skills that inspire team cooperation, foster enthusiasm and stimulate relationship building
· Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, and understanding of data to inform change and improvement
· Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-changing environment
· Consistent, keen attention to detail; successfully deliver on high expectations
· Experience managing website development and web experience optimization programs highly desired
· PMP or other Project Management Certification preferred
· Ability to travel as needed
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.