Digital Commerce Architect
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger between Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet, CMS, DAM, Business Consulting. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the Dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Do you consider yourself as a crazy headless guru? Commerce has no secret for you? When we say Assets Management you know that we are not talking about finance?
If one or all of these above bring excitement, then the following might be of interest for you!
Here at Merkle DACH, we are looking for our crazy genius (our version of the mad scientist, you choose) Digital Commerce Architect!
What will be your role?
- Be the subject matter expert and evangelist internally and externally when it comes to Platforms, Commerce, DAM/PIM solutions overall
- Be involved in large scale programs definition and strategy
- Shine on stage when pitching multi-millions recommendation to large multinationals
- Support in technological roadmap for Merkle DACH, evaluating continuously existing and new technologies & solutions on the market to understand business potential
- Be an active member of the technical leadership across Merkle DACH and EMEA organization
- Act as the technical spokesman when speaking with any kind of business stakeholder
- Lead technical workshops and advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions
- Educate customers on best practices to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
In this role, you will also create best-in-class solutions for our customers’ portfolio. Gathering IT & Business, you will provide recommendation while always looking for innovation, next level architecture, costs efficiency, business impact & viable solutions for our clients.
Your technical requirements?
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in Digital & Commerce
- 8+ years’ experience with HTTP and REST API usage
- Excellent technical skills in enterprise platforms (e.g. Adobe, SAP, Sitecore…), infrastructure and devops, cloud technologies, integration (API, data models), Data and Customer Segmentation, Performance, UX/CX methodologies
- Excellent knowledge and mastering of Architecture design for complex environments with special focus on distributed architectures, headless not a secret anymore for you
- Mastering of all kind of cross-cutting concerns with an especially strong expertise in security and performance
- Demonstrated experience in marketplaces and third-party systems connectors
- Ensure success in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services into cloud platforms
- Excellent knowledge of one or more Content Management System
- Be able to determine the risk associated with third-party platforms or frameworks.
- Solid experience in overall release management (CI/CD tool-chains, e.g. Git, Jira and Confluence…)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates on tasks and/or overall project implementation from End to End
- Experience in following Agile development practices.
- Comfortable with any type of audience, C-Levels & business stakeholders is definitely your cup of tea
- Make “tech” easy access to everyone
- You enjoy learning new things, you are keen to test, you love to teach, in a very autonomous way
- Create a community around architecture with our other tech experts would be your favorite hobby
- Solid leadership, ability to motivate and pass knowledge to your peers
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Fluent in English, French or German a plus
- Be able to explain your role to a 6 year old kid.
And most of all, we want to have fun at work!
Tempted by the challenge?
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning.
- Day off in your birthday
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.