Digital Commerce Architect
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We love agility and strive to a more and more agile collaboration within our teams and also with our clients. Every project is unique - and every day brings new learnings and achievements. Coding is your passion? To enrich others with your inputs, to give open feedback and to advance your team professionally makes you happy? Then read on!
Do you consider yourself as a crazy headless guru? Commerce has no secret for you? When we say Assets Management you know that we are not talking about finance?
If one or all of these above bring excitement, then the following might be of interest for you!
Here at Merkle DACH, we are looking for our crazy genius (our version of the mad scientist, you choose) digital commerce architect!
What will be your role?
- Be the subject matter expert and evangelist internally and externally when it comes to Platforms, Commerce, DAM/PIM solutions overall
- Be involved in large scale programs definition and strategy
- Shine on stage when pitching multi-millions recommendation to large multinationals
- Support in technological roadmap for Merkle DACH, evaluating continuously existing and new technologies & solutions on the market to understand business potential
- Be an active member of the technical leadership across Merkle DACH and EMEA organization
- Act as the technical spokesman when speaking with any kind of business stakeholder
- Lead technical workshops and advise customers on architectural and strategic IT decisions
- Educate customers on best practices to ensure their solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
In this role, you will also create best-in-class solutions for our customers’ portfolio. Gathering IT & Business, you will provide recommendation while always looking for innovation, next level architecture, costs efficiency, business impact & viable solutions for our clients.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in Digital & Commerce
- 8+ years’ experience with HTTP and REST API usage
- Excellent technical skills in enterprise platforms (e.g. Adobe, SAP, Sitecore…), infrastructure and devops, cloud technologies, integration (API, data models), Data and Customer Segmentation, Performance, UX/CX methodologies
- Excellent knowledge and mastering of Architecture design for complex environments with special focus on distributed architectures, headless not a secret anymore for you
- Mastering of all kind of cross-cutting concerns with an especially strong expertise in security and performance
- Demonstrated experience in marketplaces and third-party systems connectors
- Ensure success in designing, building, and migrating applications, software, and services into cloud platforms
- Excellent knowledge of one or more Content Management System
- Be able to determine the risk associated with third-party platforms or frameworks.
- Solid experience in overall release management (CI/CD tool-chains, e.g. Git, Jira and Confluence…)
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Ability to provide accurate time estimates on tasks and/or overall project implementation from End to End
- Experience in following Agile development practices
- Comfortable with any type of audience, C-Levels & business stakeholders is definitely your cup of tea
- Make “tech” easy access to everyone
- You enjoy to learn new things, you are keen to test, you love to teach, in a very autonomous way
- Create a community around architecture with our other tech experts would be your favorite hobby
- Solid leadership, ability to motivate and pass knowledge to your peers
- Negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated people management experience
- Fluent in English, French or German a plus
- Be able to explain your role to a 6 year old kid
And most of all, we want to have fun at work!
Tempted by the challenge?
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Senior Talent Acquisition Business Partner
Phone: +381 69 789 039