Senior Data Engineer - Azure
Dentsu are merging the media skills of DWA, the creative & content skills of Gyro, the research skills of B2Bi and the data & platform skills of Merkle to create a global marketing services network that is dedicated to the end-to-end Customer Experience needs of global B2B clients.
The UK office of the merged network is currently 162 people strong and growing. It has international clients such as Cisco, Ericsson, Facebook, Salesforce, AWS, Grundfos, Brother, Fujitsu, Sky, Digital Realty, Goldman Sachs, Workplace and Shell.
We are looking for exceptional candidates to join our growing Data Engineering team at Merkle to focus on delivering solutions to clients. Successful candidates will understand modern data platform architecture and have solved complex technical problems to deliver to clients’ requirements. You will be a competent team player, developing simple and straightforward solutions that are scalable, utilizing appropriate technologies and engineering best practices.
Under the direction of a Solutions Architect, the postholder will
· Design great data solutions for our clients
· Work closely with local leadership as well as our global teams, bringing their key industry and product expertise and knowledge, to shape and deliver client solutions.
· Support our Data Scientists and Analytical Consultants working on projects
· Provide technical expertise and consultancy to clients to help them understand the power of big data analytics for their organization
Life as a Senior Data Engineer at Merkle
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with clients from a wide range of sectors, understand their specific requirements, liaise with data scientists and analytical consultants, and design, develop and deliver technical solutions. You will typically work with a few clients across stages of maturity, allowing variety in your work and the opportunity to pick up new skills as needed. You’ll work alongside Azure cloud technologies, BI platforms like Tableau, Power BI, Thoughtspot, and Data Science platforms DataBricks, Qubole, Lytics, and many more. You will do this as part of a dynamic, highly-skilled, and flexible team working on exciting and challenging projects.
What we are looking for in you
You will have a deep understanding of distributed computing, data and application architectures, basic networking, security, and infrastructure with a strength in writing great code to produce production-strength data pipelines and scalable systems.
A knowledge of Big Data with a focus on data engineering; optimising data, pipelines, ETLs, data modelling and analytical tools are a plus.
· Implementation of Data Lake patterns in Azure
· Understanding of Data Lake partitioning policies and role-based access controls
· Experience of DataFactory + SQL PaaS
· Experience of Spark, Scala, or similar technologies
· A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and data ingestion and transformation
· ETL Development using well-architected frameworks
· Building solutions using optimised code, repeatable, reusable techniques
· Dev Ops such as Continuous Integration, Automation, Infrastructures as Code
· CI / CD experience within ETL / data transformation environment
· Cross functional team work internally and with external clients
· Strong project Management and organisation skills
· Proficiency working in an Agile environment
· Microsoft certification / demonstratable path towards certification
· Experience of Synpase / Snowflake
· Cosmos DB experience
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.