Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Every year a larger share of advertising & marketing is being bought digitally, and companies are turning to advanced technologies to help them make the most of their budgets. However, implementing advertising technologies is complex, challenging, and ever-changing, which is why it takes specialist knowledge to ensure it’s done correctly.
As an AdTech Consultant, you will lead projects to advise some of the world’s biggest companies on how they should architect and implement advertising technologies, including Google Marketing Platform (Display & Video 360 [DV360], Search Ads 360 [SA360], Campaign Manager [CM360]), to ensure they are able to deliver best-in-class digital advertising. You will also help companies to measure the impact of their media activity using a variety of tracking technologies.
Due to the growing importance of digital data and analytics within organisations, you will play a crucial role in helping clients to transform not just their advertising, but their overall approach to business.
Life In the Advertising Consultancy Team
- Advise clients on how their advertising technologies should be setup and integrated with each other
- Train the client, their teams and their agency partners on how you’ve architected and implemented their advertising technologies, and how they should adhere to the best practices you’ve defined moving forwards
- Become an expert on various Tag Management System (including Google Tag Manger) to implement media measurement technologies
- Work with technical vendor personnel to suggest and test product improvements
- Ensure retained clients have accurate and timely support
- Support more senior team members to manage large client relationships to ensure they are maturing and getting the very most from their technologies and data
- Support the growth of Merkle’s position within the industry through thought-leadership (blogs, whitepapers, presentations etc.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
1+ year within an Ad Ops, AdTech, or technology focused media role
Strong knowledge of one or more of the platforms within the Google Marketing platform stack (Display & Video 360, Campaign Manager, and/or Search Ads 360)
You will also likely align with the following:
- Able to quickly absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to both technical and non-technical clients alike
- Have a natural desire to learn everything possible about a given system, and will question not just what something is, but why it works in the way it does
- Takes a logical approach to work and loves to solve problems and troubleshoot
- Naturally adopts a considered and detail-oriented approach to projects; you will be the sort of people who thinks through all important aspects of something before making a clear and confident decision
- Is enthusiastic and confident and can interact well with people of all levels personally and professionally. You will enjoy interacting with colleagues and clients
- Has a passion for passing on knowledge and teaching other people
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.