Data Intelligence - Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
Many locations and remote work considered.
A qualified professional with experience in developing highly visual dashboards and reports optimizing multiple marketing channels. The Manager, Data Intelligence is focused on supporting our clients with reporting capabilities. The position will be driving the overall engagement in developing dashboards and reports on strategic clients and helping measure their overall marketing effectiveness. The Manager, Data Intelligence will serve as a point of contact between multiple stakeholders both internal and external to identify reporting needs and deliver the solution. They will also be part of a growing multifaceted technology team that develops advanced data solutions for top companies across industries.
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of technology/analytics consulting or other relevant industry experience
- 5 + years of experience with Tableau and SQL queries
- Provides strategic, technical and or operational reporting best practices and guidance to clients and to other Merkle teams
- Provides reporting expertise and knowledge to solve business challenges and provide focus to team members
- Drives the overall client engagement as the reporting Subject Matter expert (SME) in delivering reporting solutions while collaborating with database administrators, database developers, data stewards and others to ensure the accurate collection and analysis of reporting requirements; including new data requirements, reporting layout and user needs
- Define best practices and the design/development of the data layers for reporting development and deployment
- Ensures that project goals/milestones are met and approved, and budgets contained
- Develop complex worksheets and dashboards for effective story telling
- Develop ad-hoc data sets for end users
- Set up Tableau training sessions for end users to create their own dashboards
- Expertise with developing custom tables/views and data models across Databases: SQL Server, Snowflake, BigQuery and/or Redshift.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment
- Professional client presence and work directly with the end users to gather information for building dashboards
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Experience crafting written communications that are clear, succinct and audience appropriate
- Positive outlook – desire to create results
- Strong desire to contribute to the success of Merkle’s clients
- Exhibits curiosity to dig deeper into requirements to make sure reports meet the client needs
- If managing a team, defines team operating standards and ensures essential procedures for prototyping and deployment of reports and dashboards for a client solution are followed
- Degree in computer science, information systems, or another technology-related field
- Prior Marketing analytics experience a plus
- Professional experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- BI tools: Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, MicroStrategy
- DW/ETL Tools: Talend, Informatica, Alteryx, Matillion
- EDM: Data Modeling, Erwin
- Data Analytics: Google Analytics/Adobe Analytics, Machine learning, text analytics
- Cloud: Expertise with one or more of the cloud offerings (GCP, AWS or Azure)
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.