Associate Digital Media Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Associate Director is a digital team leader, typically assigned to one large strategic account or several mid-scale/core clients. Primarily responsible for development of management and measurement frameworks to steer and monitor program progress and success. Acts as a digital media SME for internal stakeholders/client partners as well as key point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (SEM, SEO, Strategy, Creative, etc.). Client programs include data driven digital media campaigns and integrated multi-channel campaigns to successfully engage and influence consumers at each funnel stage. Contributes to Merkle product and business strategy. Typically direct team of 4-6 people.
- Mastery of all Campaign Management and Planning & Optimization functional responsibilities
- Able to deliver against functional responsibilities in a more strategic, mature, and self-guided manner, on high volume of accounts, larger scale client/Media programs
- Responsible for the client’s media program deliverythat deliver against client's goals and drive value
- Contribute to the development of forward thinking strategies and campaigns
- Develop a management and measurement framework to steer and monitor program progress and success
- Salesforce updates, review and monitoring of revenue and margins
- Responsible for giving direction to the media services, platform, and capability resources as it pertains to the client work
- Confident, articulate, and strategic delivery of consultative messaging – both written and verbal – to senior leaders without senior leadership guidance
- Proactively devising and pushing new concepts to manage/grow program; Includes analytics, innovative strategy, and other Merkle businesses
- Often able to “stand alone” with program, team, and client, without senior leadership guidance on small and mid-scale clients
- Act as a Media SME and support growth/sales efforts
- Proficiency within Social Platforms (Facebook/Instagram Power Editor, Twitter)
- Proficinency within DSPs to run Video & Display (Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, MediaMath, Amazon AAP, ONE by AOL)
- Proficient user of digital ads trafficking tools (DCM, Atlas, etc.)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Salesforce people management tools
- Digital media strategy and plan development
- 7-9 years experience within digital media agency function and/or digital media vendor/ad technology platform
- Bachelor’s/advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Resource and people management
- Cross discipline coordination and management
- Policy and best practices contributor
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.