Since its founding in 2003, RKG, now fully integrated with Merkle, and its people have made a commitment to giving back to the communities in which we live, work, and play. Our employees participate in quarterly volunteer days, internal fund-raising competitions, a company-matched donation program, as well as many individual efforts throughout the year. For consideration, please contact [email protected]
2015 Merkle Gives Back
Some of the great organizations we've supported in 2015 include:
- Peachtree Baseball
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Virginia Institute of Autism
- New City Arts
- Camp Kesem
- Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville/Albemarle
- Greer Elementary
- March of Dimes
- Jefferson Area CHiP
- Charlottesville / Albemarle SPCA
- Light House Studios
- Charlottesville Habitat for Humanity
- Boys & Girls Club Cycling Challenge
- Charlottesville Scholarship Program
- Monticello United Soccer Club
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence (CNE)
- Cville Swimathon
- Meals on Wheels of Charlottesville / Albemarle
2014 Merkle|RKG Gives Back
A few of our great causes include: Arc of the Piedmont, Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville/Albemarle, Habitat for Humanity, Peachtree Baseball, 100 Black Men of Central Virginia, UVA Children’s Hospital, Catalyst Productions, supporting Operation Freeflow, Sexual Assault Resource Agency, Abundant Life Ministries, CASPCA, Donors Choose, March of Dimes, Charlottesville Scholarship Fund, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Center for Nonprofit Excellence.
Merkle|RKG Giving Back Events:
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Match Outing – Merkle|RKG participated in a match outing for Big Brothers Big Sisters at Forest Hills Park.
- CASPCA Dog Food Drive – Merkle|RKG had a goal of raising 350 cans of dog food for the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. Merkle|RKG obliterated the goal with a whopping 1,149 cans!
- Donors Choose Book Project – Each day, these children receive a book to read during guided reading and take home. Because of high numbers of children, this class was forced to make copies for many of the children. By having Merkle|RKG donate these books, each child will be guaranteed a “real” book to read each and every day! This will help them gain fluency and the self-satisfaction that they have read a book on their own.
- Camp Holiday Trails – Camp Holiday Trails is a camp for children with special needs. Merkle|RKG team members volunteer at the camp to help make sure that campers have a fun, safe environment in which to spend their Summer days.
- Habitat for Humanity – Habitat for Humanity believes that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. Merkle|RKG uses volunteer days to help build houses for Habitat partner families.
- Blue Ridge Food Bank Food Drive – each year, the teams at Merkle|RKG participate in a competitive Food Drive. While the internal competition is fun (and can be heated), the end result is what it’s all about: helping to feed the hungry in our community
- Angel Tree – Merkle|RKG’s Giving Back Fund sponsors several individuals during the holiday season through the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program
- Toy Lift – There is nothing like seeing the excitement of a child opening a Christmas gift. The Toy Lift is a Charlottesville event which aims to make sure that each child will have that excitement each holiday season. Merkle|RKG is proud to have this event as one of our volunteer days for our employees.
2013 Merkle|RKG Gives Back
Some of our great causes include: American Heart Association, Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville-Albemarle, Peachtree Baseball League, March for Babies, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Hospice of the Piedmont, Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation, Play On!, Center for Nonprofit Excellence, Alzheimer’s Association, One Fund, American Cancer Foundation, Charlottesville Scholarship Program, Sexual Assault Resource Agency, Monticello United Soccer Club, The Arc of the Piedmont, MACAA, Donors Choose, Boys and Girl’s Club, Humane Society of Central Oregon, Shenandoah Scramble fundraiser, Day of Caring, Children, Youth & Family Services, Charlottesville Mural Project, Area 3 Special Olympics, Virginia Institute of Autism, AIDS Services Group, and Central VA Pop Warner.