At Cannes Lions 2019, Campaign’s global editor-in-chief Claire Beale led a discussion, in partnership with Merkle, to interrogate Brands As A Service.
Watch the capture of this session to find out:
- What do brands need to do to become essential to consumers?
- How is data helping brands deliver a better experience/service?
- Does this apply to every brand and sector?
- What roles do creativity, technology and product each play?
- What can service-led challenger brands learn from product-led traditional ones? And what are the pitfalls?
- Which brands are winning consumer attention and converting new consumers into advocates?
You can also read about it in this month’s Campaign magazine.
Consumer expectations are growing. We know that. In fact, most brands are no longer about products. Consumers expect a decent experience. They expect brands to know what they want, when they want it. It’s about service. Brands as a service.
There’s a growing antipathy towards advertising in the UK. Kantar’s latest research shows 55% of UK consumers feel “completely apathetic” towards advertising, up from 53% in 2018. Brands must offer something different to get through to the reluctant consumer: convenience, service and personalisation.
What are the keys to making your brand an essential service? How can brands use data and advanced analytics to better meet consumer need?