Key to Success:
- Created dynamic campaigns from data contained within the property feed.
- Reduced the need for manual updates, by making optimisations more efficient.
- Built advanced templates that used ads and keywords to build campaigns with real-time data for customers.
Targeting by specific location
The first step was to make changes to Zoopla’s property feed so that it contained all of the required information, such as the number of properties available by location, number of bedrooms and average property prices. It was then integrated with the inventory management feature of DoubleClick Search, allowing the creation of dynamic ad copy reflecting current availability.
Simplified campaign management
DoubleClick Search also offered custom variables and rules so the team could make changes to the feed in real-time without the need for back-end development on the Zoopla property database. Meanwhile, the use of advanced templates for ads and keywords reduced the time required to build a campaign without compromising the granular detail with which they could be managed.
Since campaigns are now created dynamically from data contained within the property feed, optimisations have become more efficient and the need to create manual updates has been removed. The budget spend on advertising for the London market has decreased by 17%, which can be reallocated to regions that were previously not covered. And despite the budget decrease in London, the following results were achieved:
- Number of leads in that market increased by 22%
- Overall the cost per acquisition dropped by 31% from the previous year.
- Click-through rate for Zoopla’s ads went up by 40%
- Volume of clicks increased by 106%