We used their A/B testing platform, Google Optimize, and Google Analytics to analyse the results and saw:
From this experiment, we understood that the price information was crucial in the users' decision-making process and it increased their likelihood to convert.
It also seems that the users included in the variation, and those who visited the price page, were more aware of the Zoo pricing strategy and decided to buy the “cheapest option”, explaining why the Average Order Value (AOV) decreased by 9%.
You may be wondering why we’re telling out about how we dropped the AOV by 9%? Why are we telling you about our “failure”? But should we class a disproven hypothesis or a decrease in revenue as a failure? We would argue the exact opposite, and say that in Conversion Rate Optimisation, there is no such thing as failure. We did not fail, but in fact, we learnt something very important about our users. Learning this vital piece of insight, about what users need before converting, fuelled further iterations on our experimentation efforts.
As part of our next steps, we focused on increasing the average order value and streamlining the user journey. One example of the iterations was on the Ticket Information page. Here, as you can see below, the original version does not include any information about the cost of the tickets. In the variation, we removed the masses of CTAs, highlighted the main Buy Tickets CTA, and added pricing information. These changes would aid in streamlining the journey, as users will not have to navigate away from the funnel to check the specific pricing page. We also highlighted the Zoo’s value proposition in order to overcome the price pain point.
Sneak preview, the results were amazing! We saw an increase in both eCommerce conversion rates, as well as the precious AOV.