Adobe Experience Platform Solutions Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Merkle deliver full-stack Adobe solutions for brands that are looking to accelerate business growth through hyper-personalisation and connected customer experiences. To deliver this we provide customer strategy, technology implementation, data solutions, business change management, user experience design and development, marketing activation and advanced analytics services to help clients achieve rapid time-to-value from Adobe technology.
We’re looking for an Adobe Experience Cloud expert to join our team in a solution consulting role to help clients adopt the Adobe Experience Platform and support to business transformation. This is a combined pre-sales and solution leadership role requiring a high-level of technical platform knowledge and practical marketing activation experience.
Your focus will be on the Adobe Experience Platform which includes:
- Data Collection Strategy
- Data Engineer within the Experience Data Model and Customer Profile
- Data Science Workspace
- Real-Time CDP
- Journey Orchestration and Customer Journey Management
- Customer Journey Analytics and external reporting dashboard solutions
Our AEP Solutions Lead contribute to the business in three main areas:
- Pre-sales Support - Working closely with our growth, alliances and client service teams to help accelerate the sales process and onboard happy clients. This will include defining marketing technology strategy, roadmaps and budgets as well as writing proposal and SoW.
- Solution Leadership – Working with our clients in an advisory capacity to help them define solutions and accelerate delivery acting as a product owner, or work in support of a client product owner, on large scale implementations and transformation programmes.
- Internal Capability Enablement – Working with our internal teams to help accelerate practice growth through knowledge sharing, service definition, training and partner certification.
Life as an AEP Solutions Lead at Merkle
This is a complex and challenging role with many aspects that you will need to balance on day to day basis including:
- Leading multiple complex projects for different clients at the same time
- Supporting or leading our teams delivering large programmes of work beyond marketing technologies e.g. into areas such as data platforms, analytics, experience platforms, creative/production services etc.
- Support new business qualification so that we are focusing on the right types of opportunities
- Providing pre-sales support for growth and client services teams including proposal writing, pitch delivery and statements of work.
- Working with your peers in other Merkle EMEA Markets (Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland) and other regions (APAC and AMER) to define best-practice methodologies for the best use of marketing technology.
- The role will require a reasonable amount of travel to clients across EMEA.
This role will include hands-on delivery of solutions. As a solution lead you will act as a product owner, or work in support of a client product owner, on large scale implementations and change management programmes. Accountable to a programme leadership team you will be responsible for the successful delivery of AEP implementations as well as business enablement/change management and migration/marketing activation work packages relating to marketing technology. To help our teams achieve successful outcomes, you will need to be resilient, decisive and work tirelessly to lead solution delivery (including both Merkle and client colleagues). This role requires a high-level of flexibility, but day to day responsibilities will typically include:
- Organising and facilitating discovery and requirement capture workshops
- Writing BRD, Epics and Stories
- Defining solution and technical architecture
- Working with the project manager to define project deliver approach
- Owning business objectives and requirements during delivery and co-ordinate dependencies and priorities across multiple teams
- Overseeing acceptance testing and issue resolution
- Supporting business change including process engineering, role definition, workflow automation and skills transfer
- Working with strategy and planning teams to define marketing activation use case that leverage solution capabilities and Merkle best-practice
- Leading marketing activation teams to deliver use cases, customer journeys and campaigns
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for someone from a consultancy background with significant experience of leading CRM and data-driven customer marketing programmes, costing solutions, and writing statements of work.
You will need to be:
- A subject matter expert on all things related to Adobe Experience Platform
- A strong commercial / pre-sales lead
- An excellent communicator and business leader
- Outcome focused and a strong negotiator and problem solver
- Resilient, decisive and hard working
- Capable of mapping out complex solutions in easy-to-understand formats for business leaders and non-technical marketeers to grasp
- Capable of mapping out and defining complex data solution requirements
- A seasoned marketing technology implementation project / managed service lead
We need you to evidence the following skills:
- Deep technical knowledge of the Adobe Experience Platform
- Evidence of leading multi-platform Adobe solutions as a product owner, technical client service lead or solution consultant
- Adobe Experience Cloud tool certification (either Adobe Campaign, Adobe Experience Platform, Adobe Target, Adobe Analytics are desirable)
- Some knowledge working with Google, Tealium, Salesforce and Pega technologies
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint
- Some experience of digital marketing, CRO, digital analytics, decisioning, campaign planning, creative and UX disciplines
You will need to have experience creating the following documents:
- Maturity assessments and audit reports
- Marketing technology strategy roadmaps and business cases
- Solution architecture definition and business/technical requirements
- Solution costings, proposals and statements of work
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.