A Foundation of Passion and Experience
While Merkle’s database marketing approach has evolved over the years, one thing has remained constant: our dedication to providing clients with world-class solutions for maximizing the value of their customer portfolios. As the marketplace has welcomed the advent of digital media touchpoints and more sophisticated analytical techniques, Merkle has continuously evolved to stay at the front of the customer relationship marketing pack. We offer integration of customer data in ways that allow our clients to utilize every aspect of customer engagement to enhance the value of their brands and make the most of resulting returns.
The story begins in 1988, when Merkle was acquired by a young entrepreneur named David Williams. At the age of 25, Williams already possessed a visionary leadership style; but even he could never have foreseen what technology had in store for the marketplace, and for Merkle. With more than 20% annual growth over each of the last 20 years, Merkle has reached its market-leading status through a tenacious focus on organic expansion, revered talent management, and smart corporate acquisitions. The result is a $318 million business with 2,400 employees worldwide - and growing.
Over the years, Merkle has earned a reputation as a valued partner to our clients by assembling an elite team of experts who share a passion for achieving greatness in their personal and professional lives. Merkle has convened the most experienced multidisciplinary marketing experts in the country, who strive to achieve their best work in areas of strategic consulting, database services, content solutions, analytical services, interactive and creative services and production management services.
A Unique Culture Based on 7 Simple Beliefs
We have a unique culture at Merkle, and we all share a personal commitment to building a company we’re very proud of – a place where exceptionally talented people want to be and where each of us is excited to come to work every day. At Merkle, our culture doesn’t just reflect what we do - it defines who we are. Every one of our employees lives it every day. The Merkle culture is based on 7 core beliefs:
- Business is personal.
- Recruit and retain great people because they are our brand.
- Trust and transparency are non-negotiable.
- Principles trump rules.
- Tackle the brutal truth head on – even when it hurts.
- Build a powerful community where people build enduring friendships and do remarkable things together.
- Nothing outweighs high performing people, relationships and results.
If you want to learn more about Merkle – what we believe, how we behave and where we’re going – take a look at our culture book.
A company filled with “wicked smart”, talented and passionate people is going to get noticed. And we are proud of the recognition we’ve received.
- We’ve been recognized by Forrester Research as a “Leader in Database Marketing” three consecutive times.
- We’ve been named a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore Magazine in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Our CEO, David Williams, was named “CEO of the Year” by SmartCEO magazine, and “Best Boss” by Winning Workplaces and Fortune Small Business magazine.
Merkle has also received numerous industry-related awards. View the list here.