The emergence of streaming content services has shifted consumer behavior and disrupted legacy distribution models. The move from traditional to streaming media is accelerating, as evidenced by major pivots from YouTube, Netflix, Sony Pictures, Smaaash and Disney.
This change is driven by consumer demand for access to quality content. Consumers now expect to enjoy content on-demand, across multiple of devices, and will pay for quality. In response, the industry has leaned into subscription-based models.
What are the implications of these changes? Media brands need to develop a customer strategy that organizes their organization and marketing operations around a customer-first approach. Merkle’s people-based marketing solutions have helped leading brands substantially grow their return on marketing investment and drive business results by helping you:
- Develop a clear understanding of how discrete customer groups want to consume content over the entire IP lifecycle
- Measure the value of these groups and prioritize spend to maximize resources
- Source the right technologies, capabilities, and suppliers to enable customer engagement that drives business results
- Broad-Reach awareness media planning and execution
- Ticket purchase conversion
- Audience analytics
- Performance and customer acquisition media planning and execution
- Customer lifecycle and CRM strategy
- Churn mitigation and win-back strategy
- Broad-reach awareness media planning
- Cross-platform (linear and streaming) audience analytics and customer contact strategy