Arha Media embraced content-centric, omni-channel strategy for its new OTT Platform – aha!
Arha Media launched its new Telugu OTT platform, aha! The team wanted to establish aha! in the competitive OTT market by leveraging the digital marketing ecosystem. The campaign aimed at optimizing costs by accurately targeting users to drive a healthy ROI on all performance media operations.
Targeted sharply-defined audiences across multiple channels to improve install and subscription costs:
- Curated Custom Audience Lists on Google using ~150 brand and generic keywords and leveraged Facebook’s Look-a-likes with high intent towards Telugu-centric content and entertainment
- The cost was slashed down by studying individual channel’s strengths to optimally use them for new user acquisition and retargeting purposes
Content-specific Messaging in Telugu and English:
- The creatives emphasized on original content on aha! to promote the platform using star cast, themes and characters of movies and shows like Mastis, Sin and Locked, et cetera
Innovative Ad Formats across Vigorous Media Mix to target Telugu speakers while sustaining user interaction:
- With no previous learnings, the teams manoeuvred content strategies around specific shows and movies
- The teams devised multiple campaigns to ensure constant engagement during lockdown. For instance, Watch From Home (April), Blockbuster July, et cetera.
- Incorporated channels like Google, Facebook, Programmatic, Apple Search, TikTok, YouTube Branding for new user acquisition and Programmatic and Facebook for retargeting
- Leveraged Dynamic Search Ads, Vernacular Ads, Dynamic Creatives, Poll Ads, Carousel Ads, Video Ads, TrueView Instream and Brand Lift on YouTube
- Delivery of ads was restricted to prominent Telugu websites on Google vis-a-vis to all Telugu users PAN India via Social