Merkle and Dentsu Americas are excited to present at this year's virtual AdvertisingWeek 2020. Our speakers will discuss people-based marketing, identity, the cookie-less future and implications for marketers, addressable TV, the Future of the CMO, B2B decision making and more!
See below for our sessions!
Time to meet? Request time to speak with our presenters.
Winning With Emotion: How To Become Your Customers’ First Choice
What factors influence the decisions of business-to-business buyers? How important is emotion in driving buyer behaviour? In the race for the finishing line, what truly makes the difference between bringing home gold and falling at the last hurdle?
To evaluate the influence of emotions in B2B decision-making, we conducted a global survey of business leaders to find out what makes them tick. This presentation and workshop from B2B International will enable marketers and advertisers to build stronger emotional connections with their target audience.
Managing Director, B2B International
The Future of Identity: Building an Infrastructure that Benefits Brands, Publishers and Consumers
The deprecation of third party cookies and mobile ad ID5 has forced the industry to redefine one of its core capabilities: how we identify users in order to personalize messages and measure campaign performance. This has led to the rise of different approaches that aim to provide efficient and privacy-compliant identification solutions. Join this panel discussion to learn more about these methods and to find out how we can build an identity infrastructure that benefits brands, publishers, and consumers.
- Discover how brands and publishers think about Identity in programmatic advertising
- Learn how to build an approach to Identity that works for consumers and for the industry
- Get a better understating of the different solutions and approaches developed to solve the identity challenges
VP, Digital Analytics, Merkle EMEA
Multiscreen Consumption Requires Multiscreen Delivery
Consumers don’t care where or how they’re watching TV content - whether it’s linear or streaming, to them it’s all TV. As TV becomes increasingly more digital, the ability to deliver true cross-screen campaigns is closer than it’s ever been. In this session hear from industry experts who have been on the frontlines of unifying fragmented TV audiences, and share how together, we can arrive at a true multiscreen destination. They will discuss:
- Why the notion "it's all TV" is critical in reaching fragmented audiences
- How to incorporate cross-screen TV campaigns
- Best practices on multiscreen TV buys
Head of Merkury Advanced TV, Merkle
Customer Experience Transformation in the Age of Change
From the impending death of the third-party cookie to the uptick in privacy regulations to the changes in consumer behavior caused by the global pandemic, marketers today are being forced to adapt to an increasingly challenging environment.
In this session, Craig Dempster will discuss how brands can embrace change and create opportunity by adopting a new paradigm, best represented by the equation: data transformation + digital transformation = customer experience transformation, where:
- The privacy-safe acquisition, management, analysis, and activation of valuable data informs customer experiences in real time
- The design and delivery of contextually relevant and personally informed customer experiences has an impact across marketing, sales, service, and commerce
- The orchestrated combination of all these elements results in a ‘total customer experience’ that drives competitive differentiation and measurable business results
Global CEO, Merkle
Deep Dive Live Q&A: Customer Experience Transformation
Join Matt Naeger, Chief Strategy Officer, Americas, Merkle and moderator Erin Hutchinson, CMO, Americas, Merkle, for a deep dive Q&A session following the Customer Experience Transformation in the Age of Change session. Ask your questions around data transformation, digital transformation and customer experience transformation as well as how your organization can adapt to meet these changes and opportunities.
How Merkle is Approaching Identity and Future Proofing Their Approach to Digital
With the imminent depreciation of the 3rd party cookie and IDFA, audience targeting as we know it is changing. Companies like Merkle are at the forefront of this change, creating new solutions to ensure their clients can still effectively reach their target audiences on the open web. In this session, Brian Murphy, SVP, Demand at OpenX talks to Gerry Bavaro, Chief Strategy Officer - Merkury, at Merkle to hear about the investments Merkle has made, the tools they are using to activate their data and identity assets and their predictions for what’s coming next.
- Gain an understanding of how a leading agency is preparing for the death of the cookie
- Hear examples of specific investments and partnerships Merkle has made in order to ensure their clients will be able to execute digital campaigns going forward
- Find out what is coming next in the fast changing world of data and identity
Chief Strategy Officer, Merkury, Merkle
Leading in Uncertain Times: Lessons from CMOs Prepared for the Future
The role of the Chief Marketing Officer is more difficult than ever: “business as usual” is no longer an option and the future is clouded by uncertainty. Although no one could have predicted the pandemic, some marketing leaders report feeling better prepared for the road to recovery than others.
In this session, Dentsu Americas’ Chief Strategy Officer Dirk Herbert will provide a bespoke collection of insights on the US market based on Dentsu’s proprietary 2020 global CMO survey.
- See how US CMOs’ responses stack up in comparison to their global counterparts
- Analyze the survey’s insights through the lens of ‘preparedness’
- Seek to understand which marketers feel better set up to navigate the crucial months ahead and, importantly, uncovering why they feel that way
Chief Strategy Officer