In this webinar, Merkle’s Senior Research Director and primary report author, Mark Ballard joins co-author Andy Taylor, to walk through the highlights of the Q4 2016 report and answer audience questions about its findings, including:
- Google’s efforts to monetize local searches through Google Maps ads
- Strong Facebook spend growth buoyed by mobile spend share that far eclipses that of paid search
- Changes to Google device bidding which resulted in a resurgence of desktop ad spend growth
- The rebound of organic search visit growth on phones in the back half of 2016
- Amazon’s emergence as a Google Shopping advertiser
Since its launch in 2011, Merkle's quarterly Digital Marketing Report (DMR) has become one of the most highly regarded and frequently cited reports in the digital marketing industry. Providing benchmark data for paid search, SEO, display, social media, and comparison shopping, the DMR has developed a reputation for its accuracy in conveying the larger trends underlying performance for Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Bing and for breaking major developments with special in-depth analyses.