Key to Success:
- Established Measurable Media Objectives – built a measurement plan to define the campaign objectives and KPIs for each channel
- Recognized Value of Clean Data –naming conventions to data attributes at all levels for all platforms, to streamline data processing
- Provided Unified Measurement – metrics across activation platforms, ad-server and site platforms to provide a single source of truth
Prior to engaging Merkle, the client was working with a fragmented media reporting solution. Multiple data sources needed to be integrated, resulting in delays for critical decision-making across brands. The client needed a more holistic view of its media program, a clear view on opportunities to reduce waste and optimize spend, and faster time to insight. There was also the task of implementing the security and permission capabilities to enable different views for each unique brand in one consistent format.
Merkle was asked to deliver an overview of the client’s media performance across all channels in the media funnel and updates in near-real time.
We first extracted and integrated the client’s data to prepare it for reporting and analysis. We then built dashboards to enable a broad set of brand stakeholders to view a single source of truth.
Data Extraction & Integration
- We used the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) BigQuery transfer service to import media data (DCM, SA 360, GA, Adwords, IAS, Youtube, Facebook) from the Google Marketing Platform (GMP), leveraging standard API integration points
- We customized reporting design around business requirements to drive data visualization
Measurement & Analytics
- Prioritized the top 15 KPIs and consolidated visualizations into a single executive dashboard
- Enabled 200 client users to access dashboards in real time by designing KPI blocks that include 7 levels of measurement per block, such as period-to-date (year/month/week) values and percent differences, and overall weekly trends
- The KPI blocks are dynamically updated for a set of key metrics
- We then increased depth of digital reporting to 16 levels of campaign taxonomy