ITA-generated increase in population that is not captured through credit bureau files
Increase in response rate for the student segment through segment-specific creative and messaging
ITA-generated increase in response rate improvements of pre-screen programs
Days after project initiation before the first ITA campaign dropped
New, segment-specific creative packages created and tested for 19 ITA segments
A top credit card issuer with access to extensive data was looking for opportunities to effectively expand ITA prospect pool.
- Universe Incrementality: Desire to access incremental universes that were not captured in the credit files, such as under banked, no credit card, etc.
- Creative Incrementality: Gain an understanding of ITA and segment-specific messaging with regards to incremental performance.
- Efficiency: Prove the economics for full spectrum lending through ITA.
- Speed to Market: Essential to identify the new populations quickly and to develop a streamlined marketing process that allowed rapid speed to market.
This represented the first time the issuer outsourced an “end-to-end” database marketing and creative services solution to an external partner.
Merkle developed a three-phase approach utilizing a test-and-learn approach to improve performance in all key areas — content, audience / offer, contact, media / channel, and creative / messaging.
- Targeting: Focused on developing ITA capabilities while improving targeting and leveraging campaign results.
- Expansion: Population expanded by including vertical lists to supplement Content Lab.
- Additional Analytics: Segmentation (based on response and risk) and modeling incorporated to improve performance.