Key to Success:
- Key to the initiative’s success was to define roadmaps for improvement, by leveraging a host of Salesforce tools, such as Salesforce Email Studio, Salesforce Builder, Salesforce Einstein, Salesforce Send Time Optimization, Salesforce Advertising Studio, as well as Tableau for analytics and visualization.
- The company has created many successful marketing programs, where everything works in concert across its large and multi-faceted operation.
The major food and beverage CPG brand wanted to create a multi-channel, integrated customer experience and sales/marketing system for its B2B and B2C operations, using leading-edge practices and technologies. Of utmost importance was the coordination of complex activities, channels, programs, and data. For the company, Salesforce Marketing Cloud was the tool of choice for putting sophisticated, rulesbased campaigns together. Salesforce Service Cloud and Cloud Pages were also important tools in these efforts.
Merkle was selected for our proprietary methods and deep Salesforce expertise to make it happen. That meant:
- Coordinating ongoing activities across marketing, brand awareness, promotions (e.g., offers, couponing), sales funnel, one-to-one customer engagement, ecommerce, and order management.
- Activating on multiple channels involved in the marketing efforts, including retail, online, SMS, digital, social media, mobile, traditional media, and agent call center.
- Optimizing programs based on brand awareness, demand generation, customer engagement, loyalty, customer lifetime value (LTV) value optimization, win-back, and replenishment.
- Unifying data sources and systems including multiple first-and third-party systems that needed to be integrated and made actionable.
Building effective customer journey roadmaps:
- Merkle worked closely across both the company’s B2B and B2C divisions – for ecommerce, retail, client success, email, analytics, and strategy.
Delivering agile cross-channel campaigns:
- Merkle leveraged Salesforce Journey Builder’s split capabilities to deploy ad-hoc campaigns by time zone, so customers would receive their communication at their optimal local time.
- Merkle’s Digital Messaging Team created a restricted and repeatable process to easily deploy ad-hoc campaigns using Journey Builder, which Account Coordinators are able to manage on a day-to-day basis.