Audience Management is the process of sourcing, managing, analyzing, defining, and activating customer data for cross-channel campaigns. The outcome is that the right message reaches the right audience at the right moment on the right channel, thus optimizing both - operational efficiencies and campaign outcomes.
In this survey, MarTech Advisor and Merkle worked together to understand how advanced US enterprise marketers across industries think they are, when it comes to defining and managing audiences to run orchestrated campaigns across channels.
This report aims to highlight:
- Where enterprise marketers locate themselves in the ‘audience management maturity’ continuum
- Predominant tools used today for audience sourcing and audience management
- Consistency in audience definitions across channels and functions
- Integration between audience management and analytics for real-time campaign optimization
- Current maturity around ‘audience journey management’ approaches
- Audience Management Maturity Continuum Chart to help you locate your own current maturity levels
- Additional editorial commentary based on survey interpretations
- Conclusions and next steps