In the Fall of 2014, we conducted our first Consumer Sentiment Survey of 1,207 respondents, which focused on consumer mobile shopping, sharing identifiable information, and digital interactions with retailers.
The survey revealed some key consumer expectations and behaviors that are creating challenges and opportunities for retailers.
Hear direct from consumers on topics such as mobile app usage, information sharing, location-based sharing and loyalty, and learn smart strategies to turn these insights into opportunities.
- Retailers have not yet captured the attention of customers with their mobile apps, and there is an opportunity to increase adoption by driving awareness and value.
- Many consumers are open to sharing more information, including their location, in exchange for targeted offers.
- Consumers are not yet comfortable sharing their identifiable information with retailers, so it is up to retailers to build trust with their customers.
- Retailers have an opportunity to further optimize their contacts with consumers, improving marketing campaign effectiveness and efficiencies.
- About two thirds of consumers are satisfied and somewhat loyal, but is that good enough?